Backyard Composter Group Purchase Program
Make rich compost for your yard and garden using food scraps and yard waste!
About the Home Composter Bin
- Expected bin price: $55 each, pay upon delivery
- Made in North America of sturdy, yet lightweight, 100% recycled plastic.
- Two-piece construction of sides allows for easy transporting (fits in most trunks/back seats).
- Large capacity: 17 cu. ft. / holds 125 gallons. Dimensions: 30" h x 32" diameter.
- Wide opening at the top –easy to add, view, and manage materials.
- Lockable lid to deter pests and won't blow away.
- Sliding doors on each side to monitor the status of, or to harvest, compost.
Bins are on display for you to inspect in the following locations:
- Luther College Edible Landscape Garden next to Valders Hall of Science
- Winneshiek County Recycling Facility in Freeport
- Decorah Public Library
- Winneshiek County Waste Education can bring one to demonstrate for your school, church, or civic group
- Northeast Iowa Community College: contact the Green Iowa Americorps Sustainability Team
- Winneshiek Energy District: contact the Green Iowa Americorps Team
2022 Distribution Sites and Dates
Thursday April 21: Luther College 4pm-6pmFULL
- Saturday April 23: Winneshiek County Fairgrounds 9 am-11am
- Thursday May 5: NICC 4pm-6pm
- Saturday May 7: Winneshiek County Fairgrounds 9 am-11am
The goal of this program is to promote backyard composting as a means to help our community reduce pressure on our landfill.
Questions? Contact Winneshiek County Waste Reduction and Recycling Educator Birgitta Meade (email@example.com) OR Luther College Sustainability Coordinator Chris Frantsvog (firstname.lastname@example.org)